Sneezing; red, swollen, itchy eyes; nasal congestion; runny nose; wheezing; hives and rashes are signs you may be dealing with allergies. Seasonal allergy symptoms from allergies to grass, weeds, tree pollen and molds may come and go with the seasons.
Rosamond Urgent Care, located in Rosamond, California, can help provide some sort of relief for common allergies.
Cat and dog dander are another common cause of allergies. Food allergies to peanuts or milk can cause cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. Anaphylaxis is a severe form of an allergic reaction. The reaction can include hives and itching all over, wheezing or shortness of breath, hoarseness or tightness in the throat and tingling in the hands, feet, lips or scalp. Anaphylactic reactions are life threatening and require immediate medical help.
Common Allergies and Allergy Symptoms
Allergies happen when the body reacts to a foreign substance, or allergen. Once exposed to an allergen, the body’s immune system begins to produce specific antibodies against it thinking that the allergen is harmful, even though it isn’t.
These antibodies activate mast cells, which are located throughout the body with some higher concentrations in the airways, intestines, skin and elsewhere. These cells release histamine (along with some other chemicals), which causes most of the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Treating allergies ranges from test results that determine what types of food, plants, animals or mold to avoid in order to prevent allergic reactions and reduce symptoms or even medicine that can help relieve the symptoms.
- Animals − Pet allergies can put a strain on your relationship with a fluffy friend.
- Plants − Grass and weed pollens can make going outside uncomfortable and itchy thanks to pollen allergies.
- Molds − Many people are not aware that mold is in their own homes. Hidden mold in a house, school or workplace can cause long-term problems.
- Foods − Food allergens can result in slight swelling or can be extremely dangerous, resulting in death such as a peanut allergy.
- Skin − Skin allergies can cause hives and swelling deep within the skin. These allergic reactions to the skin can be caused by sunscreens, bug sprays, fragrances, and cleaning supplies.
- Dust Mites − Dust mites are small insect-like pets that generate some of the most common indoor substance allergens. These microscopic mites can trigger allergic reactions.
- Tightness in throat
- Tingling hands
- Shortness of breath
If you are experiencing dangerous allergy symptoms, such as an anaphylactic reaction, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
Urgent Care for Allergies
An urgent care center can accurately diagnose your allergies while also helping you to learn about the best method of allergy treatment in the future. The proper treatment now can help you feel better sooner than later.
Rosamond Urgent Care is here to help with relief from allergies. Our urgent care center is open seven days a week with convenient daytime and evening hours to serve patients in Southern Kern County, including Rosamond, Edwards, Mojave, Ridgecrest and California City. If you are experiencing the symptoms of any type of allergies, don’t hesitate to visit our urgent care facility.